Use your Cricut to make this fun Halloween sign. This wooden sign features a vinyl design, perfect for decorating for Halloween.
You might also like this paper banner for Halloween.
This post contains affiliate links. By purchasing an item through an affiliate link, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Who’s ready to craft for the spooky season? Although I live in a place that always feels like summer, I love the cozy feeling of fall crafting.
So I made this cute Halloween sign with my Cricut.
Cricut Halloween Sign with Moon and Bat
- Blank wooden sign
- Cricut (I used my Cricut Maker 3)
- Vinyl (I used black and silver* permanent vinyl)
- Weeding Tools
- Transfer Tape
- SVG (get the link below)
You can make your moon any color. I almost made mine pale pink and I still have regrets about not doing that.
If you want to hang your sign outside, seal the wood with a clear spray first. Make sure to use permanent vinyl because it will hold up to the weather better.
If you’re new to Cricut, be sure to check out this post on using vinyl for more details.
- Cut your design as usual. I made the bat and letters black and used silver for the moon circle. Be sure to group and attach the letters so that they are cut in the right order.
- Weed as usual.
- Tape the weeded moon to your desktop to make it easier to work with. (Smart vinyl has a thick backing that makes working with larger designs a bit more difficult.)
- Apply transfer tape to the Happy Halloween letters and remove the vinyl backing.
- Apply the lettering to the moon circle, centering it as desired.
- Cut the transfer tape a bit larger than the moon design.
- Attach it to the vinyl, smoothing as you go.
- Apply the moon to the wood sign, making sure to align the lettering to the sign. Smooth as you go.
- Remove the transfer tape.
- Smooth any bubbles as needed.
- Repeat those steps for the bat, overlapping the moon onto the sign.
- Enjoy your Halloween sign.
Download the Halloween SVG
Free downloads are for personal use only. Please do not redistribute or sell.
Pin for Later!